What does that have to do with anything? How about our weekly trip to “Ten Things on Tuesday”? Whadyasay gang! I wonder if there are medications for my condition? I’m sure there are, but that’s not why we’re here, is it? No, indeed.
I’m gonna name ten songs that I know the words to. Sort of a take on that television show that I don’t watch and can’t remember the name, but it does have something to do with knowing lyrics so here we go:
1. “Be true to your school” (by the Beach Boys-I can’t remember why I went into the grocery store, but I can slap down these lyrics at the drop of hat)
2. “She wore an itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini” (there are only a couple of lines, already)
3. “Michael rowed the boat ashore” (if you don’t know, you didn’t go to camp and are probably younger than me anyway)
4. “Sloop John B” (the Beach Boys version, not the cool dirty one)
5. “The Star Spangled Banner”
6. “Louie Louie” (the mumbled version that wasn’t dirty by the Kingsmen)
7. “Scarborough Fair” (yes, Simon & Garfunkel)
8. “Pirate Ships” (a lullaby that I love dearly)
9. “Memories” (from Cats)
10. “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” (such a sweet sweet little song. a child singing this makes me tear up)
You know that’s not as easy as it appears. I probably should have come up with ten things that mattered, but then that’s not me. I could be doing worthwhile things, but screwing around is so much more fun!
My soundtrack? You’re kidding right? Of course, it’s the Beach Boys and “Be True to Your School”. Listen and learn children. These are important values.
Have a good one!