I’m big on gratitude. I am not entitled to anything. Sometimes I whine like I am, but I know deep down inside that I’m not “due” a damn thing. Because of that, and Nora’s lovely post yesterday, I am going to list ten things for which I am grateful.
1. My health. I am blessed with pretty decent health and for that I am eternally grateful.
2. Love. To me love is the glue that holds it all together.
3. The ability to care for my Mother. I have stated this before, but losing my Dad when I was a teenager has made my caring for my Mom a gift. I will send her into the next phase of her existence with love.
4. Friends. See love.
5. Knitting and spinning. A connection and ability to enjoy quiet time. This was never something I could stand before I learned to spin and picked up knitting again. I always had to be “doing”. With knitting I can actually “do” and “be” at the same time.
6. Blogging friends. See love.
7. Laughter. A good sense of humor will get us through most of life without completely losing perspective. I am grateful that I was given (and it was nurtured) a good sense of humor.
8. Music. I am grateful that I can hear music. It fills my soul and makes my heart swell. I love to sing and I love to listen.
9. Grover and Esau Marie. I am grateful that I can afford both and give them both a home.
10. The ability to read. Something we all take for granted, but I cannot imagine how difficult and lonely life would be without the written word.
11. A home.
I honestly think I could keep going on this. I will post tomorrow, but with it being random Wed., I don’t want to be serious. I much prefer blithering on Wednesdays. And, my soundtrack today?
“I’m So Glad” by Cream. Have a good one!!!!!