Sometimes I have a social life and last night I had one of those. Therefore, and ergo, I’m pooped. I wanted to do this yesterday, but ran out of time, so here we go!
Ten Things I Like About Where I Live:
1. We have world class attractions that are still free. The St. Louis Zoo and Art Museum.
2. The Missouri Botanical Garden is not free, but worth the admission price. Our garden began, many many years ago, the task of cataloging all plant life on our planet.
3. The St. Louis Symphony Orchestra. Awesome.
4. Small town feel with big city attractions.
5. Four seasons with fairly short winters (I get tired of darkness, so this is wonderful).
6. The parks. We have some gorgeous parks including Tower Grove Park established by Henry Shaw and Forest Park that houses the Muny Opera (outdoor summer theatre at its best), the Art Museum, Steinberg Rink, Dwight Davis tennis courts and an 18 hole golf course.
7. Wonderful and fun farmer’s markets. Buy and eat locally and all that!
8. Terrific libraries.
9. Multiple knitting shops and a wonderful knitting/spinning/weaving/crocheting community.
10. Diversity. I’m proud of our diverse community whether it is race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation.
I could keep on going, but as I noted earlier, I’m tired. So, here is my soundtrack for the day. It’ll probably give you a major hint where I live.
Here is the incomparable Bessie Smith………………………………………….
Have a great Hump Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!